I have had so much success this week. I am so blessed. Like I said I was just about to give it all up because of fatigue when my husband, my personal cheerleader, gave me some encouragement. My husband encouraged me by saying that things can only get easier each month as they learn to communicate more. Ever since it is as though something has just clicked between me and Leviah. She signals very clearly. It is also nice that her wees are becoming less frequent. She has now upgraded to the toilet. It is just easier for me, because then I don't have to clean the potty.
Something I have noticed is that just as with breastfeeding, Leviah gets very distracted. I know she would want to wee or pooh, but she gets distracted by her surroundings and by her brother, so weeing takes much longer.
I was thinking maybe one day I will regret having invested so much energy into this, but I am actually sure I won't. It is fun and exciting, I have learned to look at my baby in a completely different way. The fact that she communicates makes her so much more of an intelligent being in my eyes. We must not underestimate our babies abilities and what they can understand.
having said all this, and having been so distracted by typing, Leviah has just weed on my lap:) The joys of infant potty training!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment