Friday, October 2, 2009

Week 16

I have relaxed a lot with the potty training and I think that this is the most important key to success. I am trying to make it something I enjoy, rather than something which I need to get right otherwise... I am still trying, but if I have days where I can't take her, I make peace with it. Sometimes she will show clearly. Other times she does not show at all. Then I figure it is not my fault if I miss her. I am using less than a pack of 58 disposables a month with the help of cotton nappies. I get 99% of her poohs and about 50% of her wees. I think that is still better than just having them in disposables.
I am feeling quite tired at this stage and I even felt like I want to drop the whole thing, but God is gracious to me and gives me more success when I feel like this which encourages me again.

Things I have observed:
-Leviah has changed her way of showing again. She now talks while she wees as if she is letting it all out. It is very cute. She can also kick vividly, especially if she is lying down to sleep or to feed. Do not let this discourage you. I think it is amazing that one can be so in tuned with your babies communication and its changes.
-she can sometimes hold wee only after an hour after she has fed. this for me is good news, because it means going less to the potty. It would be good to remember that one will not always have to go every twenty minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Good words of advice and wisdom about staying relaxed and enjoying the process. Those are key. How cute that Leviah now talks while weeing. Thanks for writing about this in your blog!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete